Friday 28 February 2014

Culinary Delight - Cronuts & Wieners


I spent today at the Bargain Loft, learning the ropes and helping to sort out, clean and arrange an eclectic mix of household items.



The day was fairly busy and the time passed quickly.  It is evidently a Friday tradition to have cakes and one volunteer brought in a box of 'Cronuts'...


I had heard of these but not tried them.  They are a hybrid of doughnuts (donuts here) and croissants, so although they look like regular doughnuts they taste quite different (and good!).

At lunchtime another first.  There is a cafe just around the corner from the Bargain Loft called Wieners Circle ('all wieners, no losers' is their strap line).  They sell an amazing variety of hot dogs, I had no idea there were so many variants.  I asked them to recommend one for my first 'American' hot dog and was given the house speciality, somewhat hidden under various toppings..


I was ready to be critical but I have to admit that it was surprisingly good.  

Perhaps all that dusting at the Bargain Loft had given me an appetite! 

4 comments:

  1. Goodness! The shop is quite big. Are there books? You must feel like you are in 7th heaven! I hope you dusted more vigorously after your snacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of books! Volunteers are able to borrow and read so I brought home 'The Bridges of Madison County' and 'Cuckoo's Calling'!

      Delete
    2. I have listened to Cuckoo's Calling on Audible Books. Very good.

      Delete
  2. Wow Juliet - bang goes the healthy eating!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.