Friday 7 February 2014

Day 99 - Washington, D.C


It was great to set off with a purpose this morning and under a bright blue , if chilly, sky, I caught the Park and Ride bus to the metro station and headed to DC to the headquarters of the American Red Cross.

The purpose was to attend volunteer training to participate in 'blood drives' in Virginia and in Washington itself.


I arrived rather early and so wandered along Pennsylvania Ave to the White House.


After the training I passed by again, this time on the other side of the building.  As ever it was busy with police and secret service personnel everywhere (I knew they were secret service as it said so on the side of their cars...).

I then walked on to the National Mall and spent some time in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, before returning home.

1 comment:

  1. Could you send some of that lovely blue sky over here please.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.