Friday 21 March 2014

Bargain Loft Curiosities


Each week at the Bargain Loft there are new items to discover and a very eclectic mix of household and collectable items.  Today this item caught my eye...

The first sale this morning was a large framed certificate which I had not seen until it came to the till.  It was dated 1928 and confirmed membership of the 'Daughters of the American Revolution'.  I learned from my co-worker, a lady who was herself born in 1928, that it was (and is) a patriotic organisation open to those who can demonstrate that their ancestor was a Patriot in the American Revolution.


On a more frivolous note, also on sale is a very solid metal mould - presumably for cake, or jelly?  I thought that it would make world-beating sand castles on a Cornish beach..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.