Friday 9 May 2014

Warm Evening in Reston


Another very warm day today at 28 degrees and as humid as a steamy shower room.  At the Bargain Loft, where I spent the day today, thankfully, it was very cool.  I may be offering to work more shifts as the summer goes on.  

We decided to make the most of the weather this evening and headed into Reston  for dinner.  The fountain in the rather originally named Fountain Square is fully operational now having been iced up or empty throughout the winter.


We settled on Clydes for dinner and chose an outside table in the square where there was an ice rink in operation until just a few weeks ago.


In the interest of furthering my culinary experience, I ordered 'Fried Green Tomatoes' as a starter.  I didn't know quite what to expect, probably not this, but it was good!  (If you can't spot the green tomatoes it is because they are sliced and fried in breadcrumbs).  I also had Catfish, which was also very good.


We pottered around a few shops after dinner - many are open until 9pm - and by the time we headed for home the fountain was illuminated.


As we passed the door of a cake and chocolate shop on the way to the car park we saw this extraordinary  and huge (taller than us) cake, made of brightly coloured marshmallow characters called 'Peeps' which were in the shops at Easter.  It was a competition to count the Peeps characters but I think I may have cheated by taking a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.