Thursday 29 May 2014

Pictures - Great and Small


This is a rather poor photo of a framed copy of an old photo of a log train, which was part of the huge stack of pictures for pricing at the Bargain Loft today.


The first engine in the picture is named 'Arthur Hill ' - apparently an American locomotive engineer.


The second engine is E N Briggs but I have been unable to find out who he was.


There are some 'passengers ' rather precariously placed on the trucks carrying the logs.

The date of the original photo was September 1911 and the label also indicates Sugar Pine, California which could be either a location or a tree variety!


I may have mentioned before that there is a very eclectic mix of 'art' to be priced and this little picture is one that I need to research this week..

Today I put out for sale the little miniature painting of the madonna and child in the 'piano' ivory frame and it sold very quickly - which perhaps means I priced it too low.   I can see that this picture pricing task is not going to be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.