Friday 20 June 2014

Dollar Tree


This week I visited my first branch of Dollar Tree - the US equivalent of a pound shop with an eclectic mix of items including food, toiletries, books, cards, household items and party gear.  

I was interested to see the range of items for Garage and Yard Sales - there are quite a few of these each weekend.


I collected a few items and this was my final selection - for just over $17 including tax - which seemed to be good value - around £10 at current exchange rates.

The Almanac is rather quaint with a daily weather forecast for the whole year, State nicknames and facts (Virginia is known as the Old Dominion state).  There is also a table which provides details of the best date to plant a variety of vegetables, by region, according to the phases of the moon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.