Thursday 12 June 2014

Kittens...


This unbearably cute kitten was one of a pair that I encountered at Lake Anne the other day.


We do miss our cats although they have the happiest possible life with Lauren and James.  We have had feline companions for 30 years and so it is inevitable that we gravitate to any feline that crosses our path.  Usually this is Cyril, the chunky grey cat who turns up on the decking from time to time or Bastille, the large black cat who lives (literally) in our local pet shop.


Leaving Lake Anne the other day I noticed a window with lots of cat toys and climbing posts in it and then saw four kittens - two tabbies (6 weeks) and two black & white (8 weeks).  

I couldn't work out what the business was initially and so went in - it was a cats only veterinary practice and the kittens were there from local animal rescue charities, waiting for new owners.  The receptionist, obviously recognising a mad cat-woman when she saw one, invited me to go in and join the kittens..


Did I need asking twice??  Well you know me..  In a few short minutes I was on the floor in the shop window and after a few minutes play the little tabby boy who would have been my take-home choice had I been able to do so, was taking full advantage..


Fast asleep...  I stayed as long as I could and was invited back another day but I haven't dared...

2 comments:

  1. Not clear whether it was the kitten fast asleep or you? Unless they can give you a job I don't think you should go back!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.