Saturday 9 May 2015

Jephson Garden


I had a little time to spare in Leamington today and so wandered through the park.  Last time I took photos there, at the end of last summer,  the flowerbeds were being emptied of plants.  Now they are very colorful again, especially the wallflowers..


In some beds the tulips had been under planted with wallflowers, in others there was a base layer of pansies and violas..



These particular tulips, in a newly laid out area of the gardens, looked very effective..



In other corners of the gardens..


..tiny conifer flowers..


..a patch of allium in a wonderful deep purple, but only a couple starting to come out as yet..


..wisteria on the garden pavilion..


..a solidly planted clump of teasels.. Perhaps for the birds?


.. very pretty and unusual violas.


1 comment:

  1. I do like that type of tulips and they do seem to be a late one. My alliums are at about the same stage. I expect those teasels are for the birds but they are such a pain how they spread everywhere. I am always finding them in our lawn.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.