Monday 27 July 2015

Disaster (Movie)


One of the attractions we visited at Universal Studios yesterday was based around the making of a disaster movie.

After queuing in the heat for some time we were herded into a room with a stage on which a young man explained that a number of 'actors' would be chosen from the audience to take part in the movie.

He needed a 'Granny' and picked on me unflatteringly quickly.  I was required to stand on the stage..


We were then taken in to the set and I was provided with a hat for my role as a gardening granny..


The scene played out with me doing my little bit of gardening in front of a suitable backdrop..


It was only when the 'movie' was played back that it became clear that my role was to be blown up - disappearing in a puff of smoke - just as well after this most unflattering shot..


The most depressing thing was that the assembled audience appeared to find my demise hilarious!

Several hours later and we were very hot and cooling off in a Coca Cola 'refresher' (think misty shower)..



We were approached by a lady who pointed me out to her two children..
'Oh look, there's Granny from the disaster movie...'

Fame?  You can keep it!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Granny! They obviously knew of your newest family position and perhaps also that you were to be a year older TODAY! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.