Tuesday 28 June 2016

For just 50 cents..


What can you buy for half a dollar?  

Well, it depends where you shop..

For a modest 50 cents (plus 6% Virginia sales tax) I bought a lovely, colourful, bag of vintage buttons - from the Bargain Loft, of course.  They are mostly vintage plastic, some with a marbled effect, but there are also beautiful grey and also white/cream mother of pearl buttons.


At the other end of the retail scale, I visited the Container Store today for my second 50 cent purchase.  

This time a set of six useful 'wobble wedges'for $2.99 (hence 50 cents plus tax once again).

I have been mocked for my enthusiasm for these little wedges which I carry everywhere..  They are brilliant for wonky tables in restaurants and have many other uses too.

Just let me know if you need one, I'll pop it in the post.. (Also if you need any little buttons)!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I did have a wobbly table the other day and thought of you but I think I would lose one of those wedges in the bottom of my bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the day would come when you might need one! It is tricky making sure they are to hand and not leaving them behind - perhaps I could design one into a necklace for you...

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.