Tuesday 10 January 2017

Reading Spa

 

Today I went to Mr B's Emporium of Books in John Street, Bath, to enjoy the 'Reading Spa' which David gave me for my big birthday last summer.

 

It was quite a treat - apart from room after room of fascinating books on every subject under the sun, the shop features cosy corners like this one where Amy (bibliotherapist) and I settled down in front of the fire with tea and cake, to talk about books!

 

After a long chat about books I had read and enjoyed/not enjoyed, Amy went to scour the shop for new ideas and I perused the books around me which included a series of shelves each featuring six recommendations from a variety of independent bookshops across the US.

 

One of these was the iconic and totally bewilderingly huge Powell's City of Books which we had visited in Portland, Oregon.  I took note of a few others too in case an opportunity to visit crops up.

At the end of the Reading Spa I came away with a Mr B's mug and a Mr B's cloth book bag, bulging with a great selection of books - some chosen for me and some by me - the only thing I have to worry about now is which one to read first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.