Tuesday 28 March 2017

Merrifield

 

I last visited Merrifield Garden Centre, near Manassas, in the run up to Christmas when I photographed their very impressive selection of real and artificial trees, wreaths and ornaments in every possible colour and style.

 

The indoor displays today focused on different rooms in the home, conservatory and patio items as well as gifts and cards.  One section of the display featured patriotic items for the home, perhaps with Memorial Day and Independence Day in mind.

 


 

Outside there were literally acres of trees and shrubs of every size, shape and colour including semi-mature redbud and magnolia trees.  Perennials and bedding plants were under cover..

 

Pansies and violas of every possible colour including some rather unusual stripy ones..

 

 

These hanging baskets also caught my eye..

 

'Weeping' snapdragons and unusually freckled petunias..

 

This flower in the perennials area caught my eye but I have completely forgotten its name..

 

I came away with just a few plants for our tubs and some herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.