Saturday 5 August 2017

The Italian Garden at Maymont



Maymont has both an Italian Garden and a Japanese Garden and I had to choose which one to visit as I was short of time.  I think the Japanese one would have been shadier but I chose the colourful blooms of the rather parched Italian Garden.



The roses, presumably on their second flowering, were doing well, as were the large beds of red geraniums.



The flowers that were receiving the most attention from the butterflies and moths, however, were those of the Lantana..















Near the garden a sign by an old tree warned passers by to keep their distance, but obviously I had to go and have a look..



These honey bees were very busy indeed, well established in the tree rather than just passing through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.