Tuesday 31 October 2017

Small Surprises



Today I went to Vienna with a friend to meet the lovely relocation agent who helped us both when we arrived in the US from the UK.  For me it was four and a half years since I had since this lady so it was great to catch up over coffee.



She is a big fan of hydrangeas and so we took her a bunch of them as a surprise.  Don’t they look different photographed in black and white and in colour?



Later on we called in to a small inn in Vienna which is well known for its basic menu and good beer.  We didn’t want the beer but we ordered lunch.  One item on the menu intrigued me as an interesting combination (turkey sandwich, mashed potato and gravy!).  This was what it looked like when it arrived, a bit of a surprise..



(It was also surprisingly good)



Our next visit was to the Pennywise thrift store where, in the basement, another surprise awaited!  How did that get there?  I dropped Emma a line to let her know I had found her lost softball .. then was chastised for not ‘buying it back’!



I have been converting some photos into black and white for a Facebook challenge.  It is interesting to see how different views look in colour and black and white.



This mural looks very effective either way I think..





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.