Saturday 23 May 2015

Memory Lane


In Leamington there is a fascinating vintage emporium.   It is huge and made up of the eclectic findings of more than 120 stall holders.


One window was dressed for VE Day whilst the other featured a Mad Hatters Tea Party.


I could only take quick photos with my phone but some of the shelves were fascinating - see what you can spot...


Worrying, really, that some of these items are now appearing in vintage shops, don't you agree, Maggie?...


In one of the vintage clothing sections there were some hats that certain ladies of Bath would have been proud to wear..


As ever I was drawn to the jewellery and one of the items on display was the largest brooch I had ever seen..


It was about six inches from top to bottom and had two pins to hold it.  

My purchase was a more modest but older one....


1 comment:

  1. I don't quite see how they can call that coffee set vintage! I could flog them a few bits to go with it. £30 seems quite a lot. Possibly more than I paid for it new? Never had a a coffee pot though! Did have one of those jugs and coffee cups.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.