Wednesday 13 January 2016

Wylie's Tea-Rooms


Shopping in Warwick today I decided to look for somewhere for a quick lunch.  There were long queues at the 'chain' coffee shops and, as Warwick has so many small restaurants and tea shops, I decided to try one.


Wylie's is situated off the Market Square along a narrow passageway.  The place is marked by the A board on the street and then a series of posters on the wall.


Inside it was everything you might expect of a tea room.  Lots of chintz, novelty teapots and homemade cakes.





There was an extensive menu of home cooked treats including a very ample traditional English afternoon tea comprising sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, cake and tea.

I chose my sandwich and cup of tea and enjoyed the ambiance.  Afterwards I explored the Emporium - selling old fashioned sweets, chocolates, tea and some rather interesting looking biscuits..


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it was a lovely experience in the Tea Shop and also many memories brought back in the Sweet Shop.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.