Sunday 28 February 2016

Frying Pan Farm Park


I came across this farm and park in the first few weeks of driving when I got lost on my way to pick David up!   Driving past this rural oasis in the midst of large busy roads was quite a surprise, but today was our first visit there.


The park has a working farm, run along the lines of a 1930's-50's American farm.  The introductory exhibit had many interesting original photos including this board which set out the role of the 'farm wife' (any comments, Maggie?).  The duties of the farm children at various ages were also listed..


Once on the farm there were many animals to see..they were enjoying the patches of warm sunshine..







In the barn, David spotted this little sleeping beauty..


Come a little closer...


We hope to re-visit the farm with Lauren, James and Theo at Easter.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound a lot different in terms of duties. You could add to that answering the phone and serving customers. Lauren and co will enjoy that. She didn't mention that she wanted to visit a real farm when visiting here(!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked there for 2 years, a long time ago! 1st year I was taking care of the animals even milking "THE" cow! And also cleaning the stable and all, at 4-5 AM. I love it! I even won a reward for the best volunteer of that year and had my name on a wooden plate who is/was hanging on the office's wall!!!!! I was very proud!!!! 2nd year I did office's works and hate it! I like the Bargain loft better at least don't smell pig or chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.