Sunday 22 May 2016

Summer Pudding


We had invited friends to visit this evening for dinner and so the dining room was fully unpacked - although the walls are still looking a little bare.


Despite the pouring rain I thought that I would make a summer pudding, something I have never done before.  The berries were prepared and in the pan and I set about cutting the bread to fit the basin..


The berries were soon heating through and the juice running..


Perhaps not as much juice as there might have been as, despite pressing it down all afternoon in the fridge, I could not turn the whole pudding the lovely red/purple colour.


End result was slightly piebald even after an application of sauce over the top..

But it tasted ok..

2 comments:

  1. I love summer pudding. I usually reserve some juice to pour over when I take it out the mold . Is that cheating. Some years ago back when I lived in Bristol Heather and I provided the whole picnic for a trip to and open air Shakespeare play at Stourhead. One of the desserts we did was individual summer puddings. I haven't a clue what we used for small bowls but I do remember these puddings with large books balanced on top of them to press them down. Did we then tip them out at the picnic? I really can't remember but it does all sound a bit messy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking curtains!!!!
    Yummy dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.