Saturday 10 September 2016

Community Yard Sale


Twice a year the Reston Association runs a community yard sale where around 100 individuals/families take space to sell their unwanted items.

We arrived at 9am and already it was busy and very hot - the humidity was 71% and the 'feels like' temperature was 31 degrees.  We felt very sorry for the vendors as there was little shade.


My first purchase was a pair of Pottery Barn curtains, followed by a couple of Christmas items.  Then I found a jewelry stall and purchased a bag of 'bits'. (Unfortunately, on getting them home, I found that the description was very accurate - not much use!)


At about the point where David had really had enough and when the heat was unbearable, I stopped at a stall to look at some jewellery, including this little watch. The items were laid out nicely and unpriced so I feared the worst when I asked 'How Much?'.


$1 was the reply - any item...


So all of these came home with me - wonderful items from the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's..





Not all are in perfect condition but all are more than worth their price!!  Most of them will probably find their way to the Bargain Loft to raise funds and will be snapped up by vintage jewellery collectors.

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.