Thursday 27 February 2014

Flying Solo!


This photo (taken, I hasten to add, when the car was stationary in traffic) marks my first solo driving today.  David drove to  the office, pointing out things for me to remember along the return route, and I drove back home.  Later I used the car to get to my first US Pilates session and back and then drove back to collect David this evening.  It was good to drive, but I was very grateful to have the satnav, as there are few real landmarks to navigate by and direction signs are almost non-existent.

I arrived early for Pilates and so went for a little walk around.  At the end of the block was a little water garden and, quite surprisingly given the very cold temperatures, the water was running over the rocks.


Some amazing effects were being created by the water droplets freezing on the surrounding stones.



The Pilates session was good - I certainly knew that I had been there - just wonder how my neglected but now stretched and worked muscles will feel in the morning.

When we got home this evening, my new Virginia driving (driver's) license had arrived in the post.  



Do you know this woman??  Would you even consider getting in a car with her??

1 comment:

  1. I am an incy bit worried about you taking photos from behind the wheel even if you are stationary. I don't want to hear that you have been arrested!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.