Friday 11 December 2015

Seasonal Acquisitions


At the Bargain Loft all day today and I brought home this rather handsome Santa from the film 'The Polar Express'.  He is supposed to raise his arms and jingle the bell in his hand but alas, even new batteries have not brought him to life.  So he is just sitting and watching me write my Christmas cards - I am a little behind the cart as usual ..


Under the Christmas tree sits Mog - I brought her back for David when I bought one and her story book for Theo.


She looks quite effective there and, unlike a real cat, doesn't mess with the decorations.  (In the back of the photo is one of Aunty Hilary's big teddy bears who came with us from the UK.  He normally has his own arm chair but he was evicted for a meeting last week and hasn't found his way back yet.)


On the hearth we have this rather wizard-looking Santa figure, acquired at the community yard sale.  He is mysteriously hollow but we haven't worked out exactly what he is for!

2 comments:

  1. You'll like the Sainsbury Christmas 'Mog' advert if you get to see it when you come back to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what my cats would think of Mog? Bella would be scared but I think Socks would want to make friends.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.