Sunday 6 December 2015

Five in five..?


I picked up the camera after lunch today to see if I could capture two downy woodpeckers who were fighting around the trunk of a tree.  I didn't manage it because they flew away when this red-bellied woodpecker turned up.  

He was either hiding or retrieving a nut - I am not sure which.


Then a squirrel caught my eye and so I thought perhaps I could do the five (photos) in five (minutes) that Maggie sometimes does for her blog.


Here is number three - a tufted titmouse at the feeder and only two minutes have elapsed.


Here is number four, a nuthatch at the big feeder - four minutes have elapsed.


My fifth photo is a downy woodpecker on the suet block.  

Unfortunately though, at this point six minutes have elapsed as I was sidetracked trying to photograph a dark-eyed junco who was too far away...


and then by noticing that some bulbs are already shooting at the edge of the garden..


Clearly more practice and concentration is needed to get five photos in five minutes.

The final photo I took, in the seventh minute, was a bluebird - the first we have seen this winter...

3 comments:

  1. Pleased the birds have come back as last week you hadn't seen many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link up Sandie would be delighted and everyone bends the rules a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliet - welcome to 5in5!

    How wonderful to get so many different birds in your garden in such a short space of time. It looks like you did achieve 5 photos in 5 minutes but as Maggie says, some bend the rules to suit themselves or don't worry about the 5 minute time challenge at all and share 5 photos. I usually keep to the time because it gives me a focus and sometimes pushes my comfort zone which can be creative, or other times frustrating!

    Thank you for taking part and linking in. It is lovely to see birds that we don't have in our garden and the bluebird looks like our robin which is a familiar scene on Christmas cards. Please do share more in months to come!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.